1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
11 years…(how did that happen??)
2. What does your username mean?
Nothing really…but it’s based on my old Gaiaonline username (feel free to laugh) ”Kajo” which means ”glow” or ”glimmer” in Finnish. I wanted to use the name on other sites too, like Livejournal, but the username was already taken so it became ”Kajoi” because it sounded nice, and it has been my artist username ever since.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
lazy, melancholic, dreamer
4. Are you left or right handed?
5. What was your first deviation?
it’s not available anymore, I think I deleted it at some point...but I think it was something made with Photoshop Elements when I didn't even know how to use layers or anything!
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
Illustrations that take a long time to create. I prefer working many hours on one work instead of completing really many works quickly
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Classical realism, that’d be useful!
8. What was your first favourite?
Some work by mero-ix (in her old account) but it's in storage currently :/
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Beautiful faces, cold color themes, dark themes, ”quirky” works
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
Only one?? uhhh maybe mynameistran in that case!
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
I really don’t know, I haven’t really communicated with the artists here lately that much >_>
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
I think the impact was biggest when I had just joined DA, and when I was still just a beginner (I was also very young back then, only 15)...I think seeing many works every day helped me to understand art better, and at the same time, it helped me develop my own style and also improve. I joined in 2004, and already in 2005, my art was nothing like it was one year before.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Digital tools. (I do miss traditional painting though, I should try it again sometime…)
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I always create art in the same place; in my room, at my desk...but I do get most of my ideas in my bed, haha
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
Hmm...I once set up a Christmas card exchange, and I promised to draw small cards for EVERYONE...maybe that was a mistake, because I had to draw card all the time, everywhere, especially during boring lectures XD but I got tons of cards and drawings in exchange, too, so it was fun to check the mail box every day!